Strive for Success
On October 19, 2009, Academy of Hope, in partnership with STRIVE DC launched its new young adult Fast Track (accelerated program for those close to passing the GED) program in Ward 6, located at 715 I Street, NE. During Fy 2010, AoH served 81 young adults in the first four session alone. During the Summer of 2010, the program doubled (morning and afternoon classes) to accommodate the growing interest in the program. For additional information on STRIVE email email@example.com or call 202.484.1264.
Strive for Success students...
- Are youths and young adults age 16-24 who have dropped out of high school
- Register for a seven-week session and commit to 30 hours of instruction each week
- Take classes that cover reading, social studies, science, writing, and math
- Receive career assessment and counseling, technology training, and individual case management
- Go on field trips that are aligned with the unit of instruction
- Listen to speakers on topics such as domestic violence, HIV prevention, financial literacy, and parenting
Stimulus funding for the program ended in September 2010 with 24 GED graduates